Newsletter 9 Friday 13 November
Notices and Reminders
This week, our whole school worships have been led by 6TS, Olivia and 5DH. Continuing with the value of Responsibility, we have been reflecting on the importance of taking responsibility for our family members. With Olivia, we thought about the meaning of 'family' in its broadest sense, incorporating not just our immediate family members, but our school and local community as well as the Church.
Following on from 3NH's worship last Friday about Remembrance, on Wednesday we observed the two-minute silence as part of Remembrance Day to remember those who lost their lives in conflict.
Governor drop in week
This week has been our termly Governor drop-in week. Although our governors have not been able to visit in person, our Chair of Governors virtually met with our Year 3 School Councillors, who showed her how to sign in Makaton. Governors have also met virtually with several of our curriculum leads to find out about how their subject is being delivered this year.
Children in Need
We showed our support for Children in Need by wearing something spotty to accessorise our school uniform. We raised an amazing £340.65. Thank you.
Laptop call out
Do you have an old or spare laptop or iPad sitting around at home? With an increased use of digital technology for home-learning activities, we've been rebuilding donated laptops to loan back out to families who need them. We've already loaned out several devices, but want to have spares to be able to loan more out if a bubble is closed, or there was a wider lockdown. This will help ensure children are well-equipped for online learning. If you have a laptop or iPad please contact the school office to arrange a safe drop off. School will wipe the device (digitally) and set it up on the school system. (If you're donating an iPad, please make sure you have logged out of iCloud before donating). If you'd appreciate the loan of a device, also please get in touch and we will send you the details.
Kindness (Anti-Bullying) week
Next week is Kindness (Anti-Bullying) Week - the theme is 'United'. Children and staff are invited to wear odd socks to school on Monday to show how proud we are and to show how accepting we are of one another.
Many of you have not been able to visit the school since the restrictions were imposed as a result of COVID-19. If you want to familiarise yourself with our school or see what your child's classroom looks like, why not take a virtual tour of the school by clicking here Virtual Visit.
Reminders from The FOTC
It was lovely to start our Film Nights again last week! Our LKS2 film nights have raised over £550! We hope Year 4 enjoy theirs this afternoon and look forward to welcoming UKS2 over the next 2 weeks. Bookings for Year 6 "Christmas Chronicles" on Friday 27 November go on sale on Monday.
- Today is your last chance to order a beautiful Christmas Wreath Kit from Apple Blossom Flowers, whilst raising money for the school. Orders close at 5pm today so don't delay and order yours now.
- Christmas Cards designed by the children are on sale now. They also have a fantastic range of gifts from as little as £1.99. Orders close at the end of November. The user name is: ThomasCoram and the password is: DwTnVFmQ
- Thank you to everyone that has already offered items to our Christmas Hamper Raffle. Raffle tickets can be purchased here. Please click on your Year group to sign up to donate a hamper item. Without your donation, the raffle won't be able to run. Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6.
- The Friends have joined a Virtual Balloon Race 'taking off from Harrods on December 1. Purchase your balloon now to be in with a chance of winning £500, an Apple iPad or a £10 book token.
- The Thomas Coram Cookbook has received it's first entries which is very exciting. More info can be found via your child's homework on Teams. Don't forget we also need some designs for the front cover. Designs by hand or on the computer are fine - just make sure its landscape! Bring your entries into school or email them to email@example.com by Friday 20 November.
We have a new drum teacher starting on Monday who has a few spaces for new pupils. If you think your child would be interested in starting drums please visit http://www.hertsmusicservice.org.uk/ for further information.
Message from Herts Music Service
HMS have asked us to let parents know that music lesson invoices have not yet been issued.
Stars of the week
6RM - Kiimani - for great improvement in his handwriting and for excellent accurate speech punctuation. Well done Kiimani.
6WT - All of 6WT - for producing the most wonderful poppy display for Remembrance Day.
6SW - Rafael - for asking some very thoughtful questions during our Science lesson all about how the heart pumps blood round the body.
6TS - Noah - for showing enthusiasm, care and curiousity in a wide-variety of topics, consistently partaking in class discussions - keep it up!
5CT - William B - for showing a great improvement in his behaviour this week. Keep it up William!
5JR - All of 5JR - for being incredibly caring and supportive towards each other. You are all truly amazing. Well done.
5DH - AJ - for his continued effort in all that he does and for his fantastic sense of humour. Thank you!
5KS - Josh - for approaching his school day with enthusiasm and cheerfulness and for developing a willingness to do his best work.
4RP - Joe - for settling into Thomas Coram fabulously and having a super week.
4RD - Sammy - for the considered and thoughtful work he has been doing in Guided Reading and English. Lovely writing - keep it up!
4FG - Katy - for fantastic attitude towards her times tables and Maths lessons and her superb engagement during Geography this week.
3SB - Tess - for the attention to detail and care she always gives to her work. An incredibly neat and careful worker.
3KD - Frenki - for showing resilience in all lessons and always upholding the Thomas Coram values. You are a great model to all pupils. Keep being you!
3SG - Aurelie - for working on her writing in English, especially getting all her great ideas down. I'm very pleased with the effort she puts in. Well done!
3NH - Valeria - for being an absolute superstar in Maths all week, working really hard on her column addition and subtraction.
A full calendar is available here
- Mon 16 Nov - Anti bullying week - wear odd socks!
- Wed 25 Nov - Flu catch up session
- Thurs 17 Dec - Christmas Dinner
- Fri 18 Dec - End of term 1.00pm finish
Information sent out this week
This week we sent out/are attaching these letters, emails and flyers; letters are also available here:
- Travel to school safely and sustainably
- FOTC Festive update
- Delivering Special Provision Locally - news
- ASD Dacorum
- Dacorum Family Services
This week at St Peter’s
This Sunday, 15 November, there will be a children and families worship service on zoom at 11am. If you would like to take part please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the meetings link. A parent or carer must supervise their child during this service. All are welcome to join, with the cameras on or off for bible stories, reflections, activities and maybe a sing song (tambourines encouraged)!