Collaboration and Federation
We joined Victoria CE Infant and Nursery School in September 2017 to form one of the first formal collaborations in Hertfordshire and the Diocese of St Albans, but one of many such school organisations across the country.
Our two schools have much in common and share an executive headteacher, a leadership team and a Governing Body.
Bringing our schools together in this way is providing both schools with many new opportunities, from children working together across the collaboration to shared teaching, staff development and projects. The governors believe that the learning experience and achievement of children at our schools will be improved through our formal collaboration.
Working more collaboratively is the future for education, particularly for smaller primary schools, or schools forming multi-academy trusts. We are proud to be blazing a trail in Hertfordshire and the Diocese of St Albans with something so new and exciting.
We are living in an exciting new era for our parish’s two Church of England schools. With a new, experienced leadership team and a highly motivated teaching and support staff all supported by an enthusiastic and talented governing body, we offer a first rate education for all pupils within an inclusive Christian ethos.
Rev Canon Tim Pilkington, Parish Priest
Visit Castle CE Federation's Website
Collaboration Vision and Aims
Our vision is to be a Christian family that ensures the highest quality outcomes for all children through integrated and outstanding teaching and learning experiences.
Our culture of high expectations and continual improvement is underpinned by effective and inspirational leadership.
Our collaboration aims to:
- ensure outstanding leadership at every level
- ensure high-quality teaching and high-quality learning environments for all
- ensure high-quality governance
- ensure clear stakeholder accountability
- ensure that our distinctively Christian ethos underpins all our work
This exciting partnership combines the best possible outcomes for pupils with great professional opportunities for staff. I’m looking forward to developing a highly effective relationship between our two Church schools that is as seamless as possible for children, staff, parents and carers.
Rob Halls, Executive Headteacher
- Appointment of Executive Headteacher May 2017
- Bishop Michael dedicates our collaboration September 2017
- Chair of governors federation letter February 2018
- Consultation launch press release January 2018
- Consultation letter January 2018
- Executive Headteacher end of term letter December 2017
- Executive Headteacher letter October 2017
- Federation Consultation Document January 2018
- Federation Consultation Findings Paper February 2018
- Leadership arrangements for September 2017 June 2017
- Welcome letter from Executive Headteacher September 2017
On 16 April 2018, our collaboration became Castle Church of England Federation.
Visit our federation website here: www.castlefederation.org.